So, my new year is starting. It is reasonable to have some thoughts about it.
I had time for that during AIESEC Estonia' executive boards transition week (MC transition), where old team delivered their knowledge to me and my team.
So, what do I expect from the year 2006/2007?
- Very intensive life, full of different new experiences EVERY day
- A lot of international co-operation and communication
- Very intsensive team experience in AIESEC which will challenge my leadership skills
- Consistent and intensive personal development through activities I do
- Several personal, team and national successes both in AIESEC and outside
- Most important - a lot of small happy moments, a lot of laugh and smiles for me and people who surround me
What are my personal goals for the upcoming year?
- Be successful leader of organization by fulfilling all professional goals I have put for myself
- Be successful trainer in European Youth by making many young people think more about what and why they do something in their lives
- Have time for non-work and non-studies related reading
- Have enough quality time for my family and my friends (both in Estonia and abroad)
- Decide about my academic route and continue it by doing meaningful things
- Constantly do sports
- Significantly change way of thinking of as many people as I can resulting in "Thank you, Deniss"
- Despite anything, always have peace in my mind and enjoy the life
- Elaborate better ways to bring out and use positive energy of people
- Have clear picture and goals for the next upcoming year
Will see, whether I will achieve these goals :) At least I will try hard.
Besides, there are some few other interesting things I would like to bring out here. It will be interesting to read them after, let's say 1, 2, 3 years and compare. During my reflection process I came up with following:
10 things which make me feel good
- Achievement of the goal
- Smile of another person thanks to me
- Bicycle ride / jogging in the nature / swimming
- Good tasy food :)
- Positive feedback from a person whose opinion I care about
- Feeling that I learnt something new and discovered new side of life
- Hiking / being in the nature / going to the mountains
- Waking up with a dear person
- A-ha!- or wow!-effect, when I am reading good book or watching good movie
- Sight or knowledge of people doing something good and beautiful
Somehow I believe that majority of these things are universal for evryone. But sometimes it is good to remind yourself about them.
And now, of course - 10 things which annoy me
- Throwing garbage in the open spaces / nature
- Bitching about other people behind their backs
- Expressions of nationalism / chauvinism
- Cruelty of people
- Stressed and process-oriented people
- Situations when people don't count with the others
- Overly drunk women
- Stupid TV shows, movies and articles in magazines, moreover - their popularity
- People who let the others down by lying
Funny that all things which annoy me, are related to the people. Humankind is evil? No, but there is a lot of stupidity inside it which results in evil...